The CWWA Executive Committee has confirmed our process for considering applications to serve as a panel member in REF 2021. We are keen to ensure that this process is transparent and inclusive – we especially welcome applications from candidates from previously under-represented groups, including women, people from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, and people with disabilities.
- Those wishing to be considered for nomination should submit the following to the CWWA Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday 6 December 2017:
- Supporting Evidence (up to 2 pages) mapped against the criteria given in Annexe E: Nomination information
- An up to date CV
- A panel of CWWA Executive Committee members will review the applications to ensure that they meet the published criteria.
- The Chair will notify applicants of the outcome.
- The Chair will submit nominations on behalf of the CWWA by the given deadline of Wednesday 20 December 2017.
Full information about the roles and recruitment of expert panels can be found on the REF 2021 website:
It may be helpful to note the following definitions of candidates eligible to serve on Sub-Panels, including UoA 27: English Language and Literature:
- practising researchers of suitable personal standing who collectively have an appropriate breadth of research expertise and carry the confidence of the community
- members from the private, public or third sectors with expertise in commissioning, applying or making use of research
Please do bring this invitation to the attention of colleagues working within the field of contemporary women’s writing – both within academia and beyond – who you feel will be well placed to contribute to the REF 2021 exercise.