Dear CWWA member,
Thank you for all of your support in 2017 and we hoped you’ve enjoyed your year as a member of the CWWA. Journal subscribers can look forward to one more 2017 issue ofCWW – a special issue on Margaret Atwood ed. by Fiona Tolan. Vol. 11, Issue 3 features articles by leading scholars on Atwood’s work and includes an interview with the author.
We very much hope you are able to renew for 2018 and ask that you complete and forward the attached membership form to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the year. PayPal is our preferred method of payment but there are also options for payment via bank transfer or cheque.
Here is a reminder of some of the benefits of membership and our plans for the coming year:
- Membership includes print subscription to the award-winning OUP journalContemporary Women’s Writing.
- Unwaged/students have an option to join with or without the journal subscription.
- You will receive a member’s newsletter to coincide with the release of each issue ofContemporary Women’s Writing. If you have had recent publications or have events to promote then please contact Fiona at F.Tolan@ljmu.ac.uk for inclusion in the e-bulletin.
- You can contact other members via the mailing list.
- Members receive a reduced registration fee for CWWA conferences.
- Members are invited to write a profile and list their research interests on our website.
- 20% Discount on Oxford University Press books.
- Members are eligible for nomination to the Association’s executive committee.
Plans for 2018:
- The 2018 CWWA Student Essay Prize, deadline 1st February 2018 (for details see below and here)
- The CWWA has been approved as a nominating body for REF2021. Those wishing to be considered for nomination should submit supporting evidence (up to 2 pages) mapped against the criteria given in Annexe E: Nomination Information (See REF2021 website) and a CV to the CWWA Chair (email@example.com) by 6 December 2017.
- We will be hosting a 2018 UK conference, ‘Writing Wrongs’ – CFP will follow shortly.
- After successful events with Fay Weldon in 2016 and Kamila Shamsie in 2017, the executive committee welcomes suggestions from members for our sponsored author event at Literary Leicester in November 2018.
- Our new website will be launching shortly and remember to follow us on twitterand on Facebook for regular updates.