These pages will be regularly updated with both CWWA conferences and relevant CFPs.
Next CWWA Conference
Planning for the CWWA’s next event is currently underway. Check back for updates.
- Female Rituals: Cooking and Eating In/And Women’s Fiction, 12th European Society for the Study of English Conference, Kosice (Slovakia), 29 August – 2 September 2014.
- What is Contemporary?, St Andrews University, Institute for Contemporary and Comparative Literature (ICCL), 1-3 September 2014.
- Anna Kavan Symposium, Institute of English Studies (London), 11 September 2014.
- Women Writing Across Cultures: Past, Present and Future, University of Oxford, 26-28 September 2014.
- Katherine Mansfield and the Short Story Tradition, University of Limerick. 21-22 November 2014.
- Illusions in Contemporary Women‘s Writing: Secrets, Lies and Deceptions DeMontfort University (Leicester), 9-10 April 2015.
- Memory Frictions: Conflict-Negotiation-Politics, University of Zaragoza (Spain), 6-8 May 2015.
- Society for the Study of American Women Writers Triennial Conference, Sheraton Society Hill, Philadelphia (PA, USA), 4-8 November 2015.
Past CWWA Conferences
- Contemporary Women’s Writing and Environments, RMIT, Monash and Deakin Universities, Melbourne, Australia, 3-5 July 2014.
- Contemporary Experimental Women’s Writing, University of Manchester, 12-13 October 2013.
- Contemporary Women’s Writing and Literary Prize Culture, Leeds Metropolitan University, 24 June 2013. *Multimedia content*
- Feminism in Academia: An Age of Austerity? Current Issues and Future Challenges (a joint CWWA and FWSA event), University of Nottingham, 28 September, 2012
- Contemporary Women’s Writing: (Wo)man and the Body, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, 11-13 July, 2012. For details of the prize for best paper by a postgraduate student, click here. *Multimedia content*
- Contemporary Women’s Writing: New Texts, Approaches, and Technologies, 7-9 July 2010, San Diego State University, USA. View photos
- Unsettling Women: Contemporary Women’s Writing and Diaspora, 11-13 July, 2008, University of Leicester, UK.
- For Love or Money? Contemporary Women’s Fiction in the Marketplace, 21-23 April, 2006, University of Wales, Bangor, UK.